Thursday, April 01, 2010

CRITICAL INCIDENT - Prayers Needed!!!

     Yesterday, Wednesday (31st March), I was physically assaulted at my place of work by a man who is familiar to this office and has a recent past of aggressive bahaviors.  I will not spell out the details since this is extremely fresh for me, and I want to wait until I hear more from the police and my supervisors.  I am physically okay; however, emotionally I am not doing well at all.  This aggressive assault triggered memories of a past physical attack on me.  I have informed my family and my closest friends who are supporting me and praying for me.  I am just asking for your prayers  to get me through this difficult time so I can continue to do God's work.

     I know that with time, counseling and prayers, I will be okay and back to being "Patty" again.  But for now, I feel like a victim again -- which I am.  I will process through this and be well again.  I cannot put a timeframe on this process, but I will tell you this will NOT take as long as the last time.  I have too many family and friends to support me this time.  Also, my supervisors have been very supportive and understanding.  I thank God for placing me in the presence of wonderful, caring and compassionate people (no matter how much I have criticized their system or not).  Thank you for your prayers.  Be well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patty:
I do hope and pray that you are okay. that must have been extremely scarey. May the peace of Christ comfort you and and give you strenght during this time.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Patty,

All of us back at Holy Child choir are praying for you. May Mother Mary intercede for you when you think you cannot ask more from God. She will comfort you.

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Patty: I read all of your great comments about Hearne Bay, which is where I used to vacation as a child; and then the horrible attack on you. Do NOT let Satan steal your peace. You have the power to reject all the negative thoughts in Jesus' name, and you you need to do that now. You survived African, you can survive and conquere this. Eileen