Thursday, March 04, 2010

Mondays . . what else can I say?

Start Here:  I must start these blogs by saying that I wrote them on the days which are in the titles, but I did not get a chance to post them until now.  So, I did  not forget you.  I have been just a bit distracted.

     Well, my first day of work was quite uneventful, which was probably a good thing since my brain was "mush" after the two weeks of training.  I have so many acronyms to learn and documents to figure out; I just cannot wrap my brain around it all.  I KNOW this will take a while to understand.  My co-workers are AWESOME -- for now, of course; and there is no reason to think otherwise.  My office partner, Rob, is such a nice person and it shows because so many people come to see him.  The office is actually an old home which once was a residential home for girls.  Originally, it was someone's home.  My desk faces out the front windows on the second floor (which is called the "first floor" over here ).  When the sun is high in the afternoons, it shines right in my window.  How great is HTAT!!!  Actually, nobody has a bad view since it was a home originally and we all look nout onto green grass (which is currently brown, but this just temporary).  It's kinda cool because the has three meeting rooms which are on the third floor (called the "second floor" here).  It super cool to be sitting in the attic space of this home and looking out the windows up on the roof.  I will take pictures of it so you will have a visual.

    Well,  not much more to say since it was my first day at work and all I did was call the IS Dept to get my password -- they forgot to issue me one -- and read the files on the cases which will be handed over to me later.  I think I have 12 young persons on my caseload.  Not too bad seeing that the caseworkers back in the 'Burgh usually have about 20 - 25 "families" on their caseloads.  It may be higher than that now.  So, therefore, I consider myself blessed.

     Oops, I forgot to mention that I am  inheriting a case in which the teen's placement is in Northern Wales and I MUST visit him every two weeks.  Oh well, someone must take a train ride across the English countryside  to see him; it might as well be me.  Yeah for me!!!  Like I said earlier, not much more to say other than . . . it's Monday.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Trapseing across the English countyside on your job! How cool is that! By the time I get there, I expect you to be a crack tour guide.

Love
MOM