Thursday, March 04, 2010

Tuesday woes . . .

     See Monday's entry below (March 1st) before you read this one.    

It has been a terrible night and I must say that, if it were not for a mighty and wonderful friend back in the states, I might have "jumped off Big Ben" last night.  You see, the one man renting a room in the same house where I am staying brought his wife over from India to stay for awhile.  Well, you see, they did not tell anyone that his 6-month-old daughter was coming as well.  OMG, she cried all night!!!  I just wanted to bash my head off the wall.  I only got 3 hours of sleep last night.  I just cannot believe that I am living in this closet with a screaming baby in the room next to me.  Holy crap, I didn't sign up for this!!!  Needless to say, I'm a bit cranky tonight and I want to apologize to the awesome friend back home who listened to my b___h last night.

     As for my workday . . . more of the same as yesterday.  Weeding through files "online" and seeing very little paperwork.  I must say that this "paperless" system is just NOT the way to run a child protection department.  Documents need to be "stand alone" files so people can access the documents and information easily.  This is sooooooooo hard to look at a computer screen all day and try to make some sense out of a case while clicking in & out of various windows.  It's actually a scarey thing because these kids lives depend on us getting ALL the information we need to protect them.  And by clicking in & out of screens on the computer, one is most definately going to miss something important.  I just hope the consequenses are not  too harmful to the children.

    Okay, I think I complained enough for today.  There was a tiny little bright spot in the day -- I got to see the sun all day and the folks in Pittsburgh did not.  HA HA HA!!  I know that's going to come back and bite me in the butt later this year.  But it's fun now. 

No comments: