Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reflection Sunday: Weeks 1 & 2

     It has been a very busy and chaotic two weeks of uprooting myself from my home in Pittsburgh and placing myself in an unfamiliar country without knowing anyone here.  I had no idea what was on the other side of this doorway which God called me through; however, I trust His larger plan for me.  Here is what I have come to know through my reflections.

     When we walk through any doorway, literally or figuratively, there is no way of knowing what we will encounter on the other side; yet we walk through these doorways every day.  We must decide whether or not we want to get out of bed in the morning, or choose to be kind to the person on the other end of a phonecall, or take time to listen to a friend's hardships.  These are just some of the doorways which we walk through on a daily basis.  Then there are the doorways which usually come around only once in our lifetime, like accepting a job in a foreign country, or making a committment to a spouse, or letting go of a loved one who is about to leave.  We may think we know what is through that doorway, but it is only God who knows what we are about to encounter.

     I mentioned to a friend this past week that I now have some understand how it must feel when a child is uprooted from his/her family and placed into strange and unfamiliar surroundings.  Maybe that is why God has called me to England to help these children find safety and comfort in the midst of a chaotic and unstable homelife.  Who knows?  Not me.  However, I do take comfort in the fact that "God knows."  And, with the love, support, and comfort of my family and friends back in the US, I will continue to walk along the pathway which God has guided me on -- so far.  I knew that this would not be an easy or mapped-out journey, but I did know that God would be right beside me every step of the way. 

     I hope you continue to follow me throughout this next week of unknowing expereinces and challenge yourself to recognize the doorways which you are asked to step through each day.  Even these small reflections on your "doorways" may lead you to some understanding of what God has in store for you.  It may; or it may not.  Just take time to reflect -- on whatever is in your heart today.  Thank you all for your support and kindness throughout these past two weeks.  I promise to try and blog as much as possible and return your comments more frequently.  Please let me know if you like this "Reflection Sunday."  I would love to hear from you, especially on your reflections; however, that is your "doorway" to step through, not mine. 

Good night.

2 comments:

Kathy Onyshko said...

Hello! This is my first time to your blog site and i love it. I look forward to taking this journey with you. keep them coming and remember HE only gives you what HE knows you can handle.
Love,
Kathy

Beginning Butterfly said...

Thank you Kathy. I will keep these coming as I have had great feedback from many of my friends & family. I do know that God is walking this with me - and He will even carry me at times - so when things get crazy here, just remind me again to trust in His plan for me. May God's grace and peace be upon you tonight, and every night.