Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday . . and I'm bored

     It's Tuesday and I'm bored.  Nothing much to say after that, huh.  I got really sick Sunday night/Monday morning and had to call off work.  I think it was the curry chicken I ate.  I finally was able to keep a piece of toast down around 3:00pm Monday afternoon.  I went to work today, attended three meetings, yet still fell like shit.  I'm headed to bed soon.

     I don't think I mentioned this in earlier blogs, but I decided NOT to bring my kitties over to England.  I am really unsure about how long I am going to stay over here, so I don't want to be hauling them around the UK or across the Atlantic to traumatize them.  Therefore, Orion and Taurus are staying with my folks and I am going to foster a cat for now.  I am going through the Thames Valley Rescue Society.  I met a 9 year old cat named Tigger this past Saturday.  I am going to foster him because the owner is having family issues and cannot keep him right now.  I think it is only fair that since I work with fostering children that I could foster some kitties as well.  Anyway, the orange & white tabby liked me, so I may be getting him this coming weekend.  If so, I will take pictures of him.

     On Sunday after getting "smoked out" at mass on Pentecost Sunday, Danielle and I went to Caversham Park along the Thames to sit in the sun and read.  I just wound up just people-watching again.  I actually realized there really are "regular" people in the Reading area, and not every family is in child protection (this is an inside joke to the newbies).  After a while, Danielle and I got thirsty, so we headed for the restaurant and bar near the rowing club for some "refreshments."  Mine was a mojito - YUMMY!!!  Jana met up with us there.  When we left, Jana and I walked along the Thames River Path toweards Valerie's house because we have been meeting there on Sunday evenings for dinner and our own small group training.  This is where I ate the curry chicken, and it was all down hill from there.

     Well, that's about the size of it.  Oh yeah, one more thing -- I got sunburned.  Good night, everybody.

No comments: