Tuesday, April 27, 2010

London Marathon Pictures

  Hi everyone.  I have had little time and less motivation to blog this past week, however, I am posting some  pictures from the London Marathon which I watched this past weekend.  After the lead runners and the beginning of the masses came past me, I did a little tour of London.  Too much to see to take in all at once.  I must say that standing at the foot of Big Ben during the race was pretty spectacular!!!  When Big Ben chimed, the sound was quite breath-taking. 

I have somehow LOST my pictures from Windsor Castle, but not to fear.  I only live one-half hour away, so I will return to take more pictures.  Well, enjoy the pictures for now.  I will catch up on the blog pages later in the week or this weekend.  I have May 3rd off due to the holiday of May Day.

2 comments:

ComfortablyNumb said...

Good pics of the marathon. Hope you are feeling better. Yes the Winged Wheel is still in it...at least so far today. DET/PHX Game 7 is tonight Tuesday 4/27. Coyotes don't belong on ice. BTW, Don't get too cocky. You don't have the Cup in hand...It belongs to no one at this time. Also you never answered my question about Flat Stanley. Maybe a little history about him in your blog.

SPJ

Beginning Butterfly said...

Au contraire mon fraire!!! The Cup not belong to the Flightless Birds, but the bragging rights do, so as a long-time fan, I am going to suck up the glory!!! As far as the cup belonging to it? That's correct -- the cup belongs to noe one except Lord Stanley.

As for Flat Stanley, he is Michael's world traveler for his class. Michael sent him to me so F.S. and I could travel England together. I take his picture so F.S. can then go back to Michael's class and show them what he has seen. He also must tell them about these historical places in England so they can learn about them in class. Flat Stanely is preparing to return to Michael's class soon. He was delayed by the volcanic ash cloud from Iceland.