Saturday, March 27, 2010

YoungLives Update

     On Tuesday evening, I had the most wonderful telephone conversation with the YoungLives Director, Jen Bynard, and she was very encouraged about beginning the first International YoungLives program here in Reading. She has spoken to her contact here in the UK, Tate, and he only lives about 1 hour from Reading. Tate confirmed my information to Jen about Reading having the highest teen pregnancies in the UK, and then in the whole of Europe. She also verified this on the Internet.  Anyway, Tate has a young couple who is willing to take on the task of running a YoungLives program and she lives less than 1/2 hour from Reading. Amazing how these people live so close to Reading!!! Tate will be in touch with me soon and then we will discuss how we can get YoungLives funded here. Maybe even get a grant from the government since teen pregnancy is high on their list of troubled areas to have immediate attention.  Who knows what God has in store for this possibility?
     So far things are going so smoothly and I'm just wondering when the axe will fall on all of this. It's a bit scary that things are unravelling like this. I'm afraid to blink so as not to miss something; however, Jen said that she will walk us through everything, and maybe come here to help a bit when things begin to take shape. Wow, can you believe that I may be involved in the beginning of something so needed and so wonderful here in the UK? I can't. Like I told you before, I am just God's messenger and servant. It is only through Him that YoungLives will take hold over here. Please, please, please keep me and the possibility of a YoungLives Program here in the UK in your prayers.  God knows I will need them!!!!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

That sounds amazing! I will definitely keep you in prayer. This will be an excellent opportunity for you.