Sunday, March 07, 2010

A "Not-so-chaotic" Saturday

     Well, folks, I hope you enjoyed my experience yesterday as much as I did typing it.  You're so right -- how funny was that!!!  My jaw still hurts today but it's not so intense now (6:45 pm).  After last evening, I decided to check into a hotel just to get some MUCH NEEDED sleep.  The hotel in which I'm staying is called The Bath Hotel on Bath Road.  Wow, not very "luxurious" as most but it is an old mansion built in the 1800s and extremly nice.  I found the very old and "rich" part of Reading Borough -- it's out the Bath Road area!!!!  Finally, I can get some sleep tonight -- I hope.  Not much more to say about today, other than, I am doing much better, Dad, so don't too much.  Trust me, I really am okay. 

     Went shopping for an ironing board, iron, inflatible matterss, 2 lamps, a couple of night lights, and sheets for the mattress.  I brought my own pillow from home -- oh God, I just LOVE my pillow.  Nothing like a personal pillow to make one feel right at home.  On Monday, I will be making arrangements to get my electric turned on, my mail to be forwarded to my new address, and the like.  As I mentioned above, not much happened today, other than the move.  I am going to park myself in front of my TV tonight and fall asleep now.  Look for my "Reflection Sunday" series to continue tomorrow.  Not sure what no responses means, but I guess "no news is good news."  I'll continue the Reflection Sundays until Easter Sunday, then if no responses, I will take them off my blog page.  Cheerio and "how about those Pens!!!!"  Have an awesome week everyone. 

2 comments:

ComfortablyNumb said...

Hey Pats,

You are having quite an "adventure" over there. Some good and some not-so-good but an "adventure" just the same. I was so glad to hear you were in a Hotel and out of that hell-hole of a closet room with a screaming baby for a neighbor. Also good to know that you now know where the hospital is. Will be good to get a regular doctor. Weather is warming up over here and snow is almost melted. Going to be in the 50's this week in To-fregin-ledo...that is just about beach weather. Getting ready for vacation down to Va Beach again (seems like home for us). Leaving on the 19th and returning on the 30th. Will be a much needed break. As always, we are thinking of you always. Hope you have a great week. Love you.

Cat

Anonymous said...

Ahh there's nothing like the good feeling one gets from "primping the nest". OK, there are other things like it, but a NEW nest with NEW furnishings, and a READING room! How fantastic!
Yesterday, several of our gutters fell off the house under the weight of the melting snow--what with the damaged patio table from the limbs that fell down during the original snow storm, we might actually have an insurance claim. (Nests can be a PIA).

Focussing on THE SNOW IS MELTING, only 2 more weeks till spring. Yahoo! -Liz