Monday, August 30, 2010

Windsor Castle w/ Marty

   I took Marty, my brother, to see Windsor Castle with which I am quite familiar.  This - my third visit to the castle - was quite different from the last two.  When Marty and I went this time, the castle garden was open AND the state rooms inside the castle were open asw well.  Both were absolutely beautiful, spectacular, and very impressive.  Since no one is permitted to take pictures inside the castle, I do not have any pictures of the state rooms, but I do have some lovely pictures of Marty and I in the garden, along with some beautiful flowers.  Unfortunately St. George's Chapel was not open to the public since we went on a Sunday.

     After walking through the castle itself and the grounds, Marty and I went for a walk along the Thames River, and while we were watching the swans, we saw something hilarious.  Does anyony know how swans find food -  aside from the bread-throwers along the water?  They stick their heads in the water and use their back legs to stretch their necks to the bottom of the river with their butts sticking out of the water.  We were laughing so hard that we had tears.  Seeing that just made our day complete.  It was just a wonderful, relaxing day with my brother.

No comments: