Thursday, June 03, 2010

Hat Issues

     Okay, I really need some guidence on this one. Everyone knows that I'm having lunch with the Queen and other members of the royal family on June 14th. However, I have to wear a hat along with my new dress, gloves and shoes. I was going to wear my Pirates ballcap, but then decided that was too "wintery" since it is black & gold. Then, since it is spring, I was going to wear a bright orange hunting cap to add color to my outfit. However, someone said that would be drawing too much attention to mself (although I tend to disagree with them). Therefore, I am asking for help in this area. What style and color should I wear to "lunch with the Queen?"

     I did bring a black ski cap with me as well; however, that would tend to be more of an evening hat if I were to be invited to dinner instead of lunch.  Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Check out my recent ideas in the photos to the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, methinks you misunderstand the hat business. You are supposed to look like a LADY. Elegance is the keyword here. I would go with either a perky little cap that sits forward on your head with a short veil just to the bottom of your eyes, or a brimmed straw with a veil over the edge of the brim. Of course a few poseys and/or bows would be nice.
The flamingo is definitely you, but I think you are not supposed to outshine the Queen. Since I've never been to lunch with the Queen, I'm really not an expert. However, remember to hold your pinkie in the air as you drink your tea.

MOM

Beginning Butterfly said...

Well Mother, just how envious are you of my date with the Queen? When I really sit back and think about this; I have to just laugh. Never, ever did I think, on God's green earth, that I would be invited to a lunch with The Queen of England.

I am sure Grandad and Grandma are turning over in their graves.