Monday, May 03, 2010

Sunday Reflection: Week 9

     This is a very difficult post to write.  I have had a difficult week at work and at home, and I am feeling the effects of my move to a foreign country.  It is weighing heavily on my shoulders.  There is just so much to do, not only with work, but in my daily living as well.  You see folks, I packed and shipped 22 boxes of all that I own in this world to be delivered over here so I could start a new life here.  Well, that was back in February.  Today, May 1st, I still do not have any of my belongings and now the shipping company cannot find my things.  They gave me the name of the company here in England to where my belongings would be shipped, but the company here does not have record of receiving my things.  So when I contacted the shipper back in the states, they gave me a container number to check over here.  When I called back the storage company over here, they said that the container number I gave them DID arrive on March 22nd; however, this container did not have my belongings inside.  Inside this container was someone else's things.  So when I tried to get an answer from the shipper back in the states, I got no answer.  They will not return my emails or my phone calls.  All my physical possessions are "misplaced" somewhere between Pittsburgh and London -- probably at the bottom of the ocean or being sold on the street somewhere.

     Thankfully, I have family and friends in the USA who are willing to make some calls and investigate where my belongings are located.  Hopefully, they were just loaded in a different container.  However, I have paid the shippers $1,300.00+ dollars and have nothing to show for it.  Thank God I did not ship my cats over here or they may be shark food by now.  Okay, so I sound defeated.  Well, that's actually the way I feel right now.  Along with the pressures and stresses of work, I have to locate my belongings, fix an enormous error by my new bank, and try to maintain my health and sanity.  Quite a difficult task for someone moving to a new country on her own.

     After having "boo-hooed" to some friends and family via emails, I have to say that I am not feeling any more positive at this time.  Even though I had a few bright spots during this past week; overall, I feel defeated.  It has only been through my prayers, your prayers, and the encouragement of those to whom I have emailed that I have been able to continue to get out of bed in the mornings.  I am truly exhausted!!!  I do not have any energy left at the end of each day to even make dinner for myself.  I know that many of you are thinking about my past health issues, but for now, I am doing okay.  This coming week will be the true test of my determination and committment to continue my work in England.  God is definately putting me to the test -- I just pray I can pass it. 
     Many of you know that I have found a church which is welcoming and feels like home, yet nothing has compared to Christ Church or Holy Family Catholic Chruch.  Maybe that is due to the fact that you are my family and I miss my church family as much as I miss my own family.  I guess when someone builds a life of 3 years in one area; it is difficult to relocate to somewhere foreign and alone.  I listen to the podcasts from Christ Church every week, so that has definately been helping me through this rough time.

     I guess this did not turn out to be much of a "Sunday Reflection" post like I was planning on writing.  It turned out to be more of a personal reflection on my end.  I am homesick, folks, and all I ask is that you keep me in your prayers as I struggle through this very difficult and trying time.  Thank you all for your continued support.  I am trying to do what God has asked of me, but it feels to me that I am failing royally with His plan.  I can only ask for guidance from Him to know where to turn and what to do next.  God bless everyone.

No comments: