Sunday, April 11, 2010

Reflection Sunday: Week 7

(I posted two blog entries before this one, so make sure you read those first before you move to the next one.  Sorry about slacking off this past week; however I have been struggling with a lingering illness.)  

   I cannot believe that I have been here for two months already.  Honestly, it seems like I've been here for three to four months.  This past week, although a short one due to our bank holiday on Easter Monday, was long and difficult for me.  I tried to find some "normalcy" in my work, but several of my cases exploded with criis after crisis.  Throughout this past week, I found myself asking God "Why?  Why did You send me here to experience such struggles and hardships right in the beginning of my ministry here in the UK?  Why do you let such hard times befall me when I am here to do your will?  YO are the One who wanted me to come here -- so here I am Lord!!!"  Does it sound like I am angry at God?  Well, honestly, I was.  I could not help the way I was feeling, so I did what I was taught to do by a wonderful therapist -- I had to accept my feelings and take ownership of them.  They are MY feelings and they are in reaction to a scarey and difficult experience.  I know that my God forgave me when I asked for His forgiveness at becoming so angry with Him.  But I know He has broad shoulders and will help me carry my cross.

     Reflecting upon this past week, I also realized that I must take time away from work with my friends and enjoy this country which God has placed my to walk His journey here on earth.  Although I was not feeling well for most of last week, I was able to manage some fun, quality time with my friends here in the UK.  You see, these "Reflection Sundays" are mostly for my benefit to help me learn from my mistakes, struggles, and hard times.  They are also a time for me to find the positive, good, and fun times I had throughout the previous week.  Because, my friends and family, there is not a week that does not go by where we experience both positive & negative; fun & boring; happy & sad times throughout our days.  Most of the time, we focus on the negative -- well, at least I did.  But now I an trying to focus on the positive, fun and blessed times.  I believe that is what Jesus would want us to do; especially during this joyous time after His Ressurrection. 

    Sure, I struggled with trying to balance serveral emergencies in my work, but I also found time to spend with good friends and enjoy that which God has given to me.  I am blessed to have such wonderful friends in a strange and far-away country fron you to find support and genuine care and concern for each person.  As they care for me, so I care and find comfort in them.  Folks, I continue to challenge you to find the positive part of each week and to dwell on those fun and/or fond memories.  If you are one to get caught up in the negative parts of your life or the life of another individual, then focus on those positive parts of your week.  If you cannot find any psoitive areas of your past week(s), then that is my challenge to you: to identify the positive areas of your past week and throw those memories into the front of your mind so that you made be in a positive frame of heart, mind and soul to hear God's wonderful word in your heart.  Have fun this week, wherever you decided to turn to find it -- in the small or grand -- the positives are there; just go grab them!!!

No comments: